About Me

My photo
Cameron and I are very lucky to have beautiful twin girls. Miley and Irelyn were born 11 weeks early in January 2008. They have come so far since then! Life is hetic with two babies, but it sure is a lot of fun!

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Beginning of the year treat

The past few years I gave the students Starburst on the first day of school with a cute saying. It's just a fun way to start the school year. I pinned my Starburst idea on Pinterest and thought it was so funny that it was repinned so many times. I even found my post on a few different teaching sites which I found funny. New ones were created looking way cuter than mine now though. :)-
This year I can't use this idea. For the very first time I'm looping with a lot of my students. I'm moving from fourth to fifth grade and will need all new ideas!
Teaching at a year round school has meant very little time to prepare for new students. I ran across flavored Tootsie Rolls (which my students love) and I decided to ROLL with it :). Hope my incoming fifth graders like it as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment